Many people aren't aware of this, but if you suffer from a medical condition that impacts your hair loss, you may be eligible for full or partial coverage of your wig or topper through your health insurance provider. Coverage and eligibility will depend on your health insurance provider and policy.
WHAT TO DO
- Contact your health insurance company to see if 'hair replacement' or 'cranial hair prosthesis' qualifies for reimbursement. Ask questions to understand the requirements for the reimbursement. In most cases, you will require a medical prescription from your doctor to qualify for reimbursement. NOTE: It's very important to get clarification on what the receipt needs to say. In some cases, wigs and toppers are considered cosmetic and will not be covered by your health insurance provider
- Once you have confirmed your medical coverage, you will need to visit your doctor to get a prescription. It's important to ensure that your doctor uses the same specified term on the prescription as advised by your insurance company. Follow the details provided by your health insurance company to avoid any discrepancies or issues.
- Once you have your prescription, contact us to schedule your free consultation. You can book online via the 'Book a Consultation' link.
- After helping you select the perfect wig or topper and finalizing the payment, we will provide you an itemized invoice that will serve as your receipt for the insurance company. NOTE: It is important to share any specific requirements that your insurance company may have provided about the receipt. Due to privacy, you will be solely responsible for gathering and sharing all the required information. We are unable to contact your health insurance provider on your behalf.
- Finally you will need to submit your claim, doctor's note and receipt to the health insurance company for reimbursement.